What happens when we combine sex with substance use? Many report that the sexual experience is exponentially better than “normal” sex. It makes sense that once experiencing this combination, one would keep wanting to go back to it.
Andy Park (LMFT and Certified Multiple Addiction Therapist) and I discuss the appeal and tragedy of combining sex and drugs. Some of the topics and questions we cover:
- Why do substance addicts tend to also have a sex addiction?
- How do drugs spoil sexual experiences in the future?
- How much do substance addicts connect with their partners while high?
- Mistaking intensity for intimacy
- The haunting question for addicts: Why do I do what I do?
- How to provide treatment for someone who is addicted to both
- What sobriety feels like for someone committed to treatment
Listen to our conversation on Episode 14 of SA speakeasy!